Independence Day: Socio-economic issues are highlights of PM Modi’s Speech
In his first address to the nation from Red Fort after this year’s Lok Sabha elections and the sixth consecutive one on Independence Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today spoke about issues like Article 370, Article 35A, criminalising triple talaq, welfare schemes for the farmers and announced the launch of a new Jal Jeevan Mission to provide potable water.
On the economic front, PM Modi expressed confidence that India will become a $5 trillion economy in the next five years. “From 2014 to 2019, we became a $3 trillion economy. Before that, in the last 70 years, the country was a $2 trillion economy. We added $1 trillion to the economy in just five years. Now we are looking forward to making the nation a $5 trillion economy,” said Narendra Modi in his speech.
He also stood up in support of industrialists, saying that wealth creators should not be eyed with suspicion and that they are country’s wealth and should be respected.
- The Government will focus on “Jal Jivaan Mission” in the coming days. Both Central and the states government will work together for this mission. A total of ₹3.70 lakh crore has been allotted for this mission.
- The Prime Minister urges to the nation to understand the importance of birth control in the nation. “Population explosion in the country will create various problems for the coming generations. Those who follow the policy of small family also contribute to the development of the nation, it is also a form of patriotism. There is a need of social awareness in the country,” says PM Modi.
- Every effort made to remove corruption and black money is welcome. These are menaces that have ruined India for 70 long years. Let us always reward honesty: PM
- The country is looking forward to ease of doing business. We have done a lot in improving ‘Easing of Doing Business’. But that’s just one step. Our ultimate aim is ‘Ease of Living’, says PM Modi.
- A total of ₹100 lakh-crore will be allotted for new infrastructure in the country. Be it making roads, railways, bridges or hospitals.
- From 2014 to 2019, we became a $3 trillion economy. Before that, in the last 70 years, the country was a $2 trillion economy. We added $1 trillion to the economy in just five years. Now we are looking forward to making the nation a $5 trillion economy.
- We have taken decision to create Chief of Defence Staff position. This will be an important step: PM
- On October 2, let us pledge to make the country free of single-use plastic. On Diwali, let us gift people cloth bags instead plastics. That will be an advertisement for your company as well: PM
- PM Modi also urged the startups to come up with ideas to recycle plastics in the country.
- Prime Minister talks about creating 100 tourist destinations in the country. “Let us pledge to visit at least 15 tourist destinations before 2022,” says PM Modi.
- Let the farmers of our land pledge to reduce the use of fertilisers by at least 10-15%: PM
- PM urges people to accord priority to local products for a better tomorrow.
TEJASWINI PAGADALA is an independent communications consultant. She has previously worked with the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister’s Office as the Communications Officer where she has written English speeches for the CM, managed English media communication from the CMO and handled social media accounts of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister and the Government.