There has never been a better time for job seekers after the blow of a global pandemic. Job openings have hit a new high as companies step up hiring buoyed by rising business optimism, economic recovery and mass vaccinations.
- Active white-collar job openings across sectors crossed 300,000 for the first time in more than 20 months, The Times of India reports, citing data from staffing firm Xpheno. That’s up 12% from September and nearly 30% higher than the volumes seen in pre-Covid months.
- Companies are eyeing a healthy mix of experience, with entry-level vacancies accounting for a large chunk (31%), followed by mid-junior (28%) and mid-senior roles (23%).
- Multinational and tech companies are hiring aggressively. Prominent employers include Accenture, IBM, Siemens, EY, SAP, Google and Amazon, besides Indian names like Bajaj Finserv, Wipro, Zeta and Paytm.
- Hiring mandates are up by at least 15-25% compared to pre-Covid levels, headhunters including ABC Consultants, Antal India and CIEL HR told Economic Times. “This frenzy is something we haven’t seen in the last two decades,” Sanjay Shetty, director – professional search & selection and strategic accounts at Randstad India, said.
- Those switching jobs can expect salary hikes of 25-30% while engineers and developers are commanding 70-100% increases and more.
- Fintech, traditional financial services, retail, logistics and e-commerce, healthcare, consumer, and manufacturing are all seeing a strong surge in numbers.
Going by this uptick in hiring and the growing number of jobs, looks like this sure is a great sign for job seekers and definitely a bonanza for this Diwali after a lull across different sectors.